Amazing Chinese Lion Dance @ Kyoto Grand Hotel in Los Angeles

It was a cool afternoon when A.B (my assistant) and I (Louie Mixx) were driving around Down Town Los Angeles. It was a Saturday, the sun was just barely setting. We arrived at the Kyoto Grand Hotel 2 hours before start time. We knew that this wedding was going to be special just because the groom had requested some nice club bangers. We set up all of our stuff on time and had time to relax for about 45 min. Once the doors open I hit them with some smooth jazz, perfect for the cocktail hour. After a while I went ahead an started the formalities with the grand entrance. Then guests had dinner followed by the toast and the garter removal. Just as I was about to announce the toast a man opens up the ballroom doors and yells out something in Chinese. I was shocked !!! I thought I was in trouble !! I stopped and the room went silent. The guest all turned to the entrance, then  suddenly they began clapping! We all heard some drum beats, 3 huge beautiful Chinese Lions went on the dance floor and danced. It gave me the chills! I had never seen this in person. The bride and the groom were smiling and giggling since it was all a surprise, and oh boy did they surprised me. At the end of the Lions Dance people were handing the Lions Dance Crew red envelopes with money. It is of good fortune to tip the Lions Dance Crew. It was amazing! and to think that  I've seen it all at weddings!

1 comment: